Friday, July 8, 2011

Pan Seared Scallops

I found out I'm anemic. So in addition to taking prenatal vitamins and a liquid iron supplement, I've looked into iron-rich foods. Interestingly, scallops are on the list.  This is perfect, since they cook in no time flat, require no prep and I like them. Tonight I made pan-seared scallops with spinach and potatoes - anemia-abolisher meal!


8 large scallops (fresh, day-boat are the best)
Tony Chachere Cajun seasoning to taste
Butter or olive oil - or a combination of the two

Rinse scallops to ensure all sand is removed, dry on paper towels. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning to taste (it's salty, so don't over-do it). Melt the butter in a pan over med/med-high heat. Add scallops to hot butter/oil and cook about two minutes, don't move them! That lets the golden crust form.  Flip and cook until just barely firm.  Remove from pan and place atop cooked spinach. Squeeze scallops and spinach with lemon and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment