Friday, May 6, 2011

Veggie Slaw with Spicy Peanut Dressing

So, my husband has a month off from work.  He quit his job, took a month vacation and starts his new job after Memorial Day.  How has he been filling his days?  Honestly - sleeping, spending time with our son, catching up on the to do list he never had time for, and running errands/helping out pregnant me.

On our most recent trip to Trader Joes, he noticed the Spicy Peanut salad dressing (in the refrigerated section). Then he noticed some the "Healthy Eight" veggie mix. He had the brilliant idea to combine the dressing with the veggies, creating a sort of "slaw" that was incredible. I made potsickers and we ate the whole bowl of veggies! I doubt they were all that healthy with the addition of the peanut dressing, but what a great dinner - in about 5 minutes.

PS- I heard TJs is looking at real estate in Austin.....




No comments:

Post a Comment